Open 7 Days a Week 8.00am – late. food is served until 8:00pm. The Driving Range will be open until 8:30pm.
Lakeside Golf Course, Restaurant & Driving Range
Lakeside is situated in the heart of the Powys countryside between Welshpool and Newtown. Our golf course presents some interesting challenges coupled with spectacular scenery from every part of the course. With superb contoured greens, undulating fairways, beautiful lakes and strategically placed bunkers, making it a truly wonderful golfing experience for players of all levels.
If you would like to come and see us, please check out the guidelines below:
The Golf course is currently open for members of the club and pay and play visitors. We have guidelines in place for the safety of our customers and staff to ensure we are following all the governments restrictions correctly. We have a one-way system into the clubhouse where you will need to sign in with a member of staff.
Our main guidelines for the course are:
- You must wear a mask when signing in.
- You must book a tee time (you can do this over the phone or online).
- You may play as a four ball but with two households only, this will increase to four households as of the 24th of April.
- All players must sign in.
- You must stay 2m apart at all times from other members, players and staff, especially at tees.
- Make sure you stay 2m apart when searching for balls. Do not pick up stray balls.
- All bunkers are in play however all rakes haves been removed. You must use your feet or clubs to smooth out the sand.
- The flags are to remain in at all times. Do not touch flag pole.
- Hole Cups have been turned upside down so the ball does not fall below the surface of the putting green
- No ball washers to be used
- Bins with lids on the course are not in use. Please take rubbish to bins without lids or back to the clubhouse bins.
- Benches and portaloos are not in use.
- Due to the government changing the guidelines on a regular basis we are only allowing bookings up until April 30th.
The Driving Range is open. See below for our guidelines:
- You must wear a mask when buying tokens.
- The driving range is open from 9:00am until lights out at 8:30pm. If you need tokens after 6:00pm there will be a sign on the clubhouse door for you to call Phil or Amanda. This will be a cash only transaction.
- A one way system is in place for the new layout.
- You must keep 2 meters apart from other players at all times.
We will be sanitising the tokens after each use. There shall also be a one-way system around the new layout to ensure the 2 meter rule is applied at all times.
The restaurant guidelines:
We will be reopening for outdoor eating only from April 26th and serving food from 9:00am-11:30am and 12:00pm -8:00pm. We will only be serving one menu throughout the week. We will not be serving Sunday lunch roasts until May 23rd.
- We are currently taking bookings, please call or email us to make a booking.
- Two hour time slot per table only.
- parties of up to six people from 2 households only. Children under 12 are not included however, we are limiting table to maximum of 8.
- a one way system is in place to enter the outdoor area and ordering.
We will re-open for indoor dining from May the 17th. We are still awaiting guidelines for rules in place for indoor dining.
If you wish to speak to a member of staff regarding bookings, memberships or guidelines we have in place please give us a call.
Thank you for your patience at this time.